Linkafe, Tunjungan Plaza, Surabaya, Indonesia - my name is Food.

Linkafe, Tunjungan Plaza, Surabaya, Indonesia

October 19, 2011

One of my favourite or one of my well-liked indonesian dishes is called 'Lontong Cap Go Meh' .. <3

 Linkafe in Indonesia .. An Indonesian Restaurant and Traditional Snack Bar ...




'Dadar Jagung', if translated to English.. they are called 'Corn Fritters' .. but seriously .. these corn food is addictive ... I've loved them since I tried them when I was young and since then, everytime I go back, there would not be a time where I won't eat this at least once ... it's basically deep fried corn with herbs and spices ...

 An Ice dessert which I forgot the name of ...
 'Gurami Goreng' which is deep fried Guramee fish with shrimp paste and belacan chilli sauce served with assorted vegetables .. However, in this photo, I zoomed on the fish only and not the veges ... When the fish is infront of you, you don't think or look at the vegetables :P you just look at the fish ..
 You want chilli? You got it ... South East Asians, truthfully has the best chilli sauce or chilli based food than East Asians ... Alot of East Asian foods consists of chilli powder, whilst South East Asian foods contain more of real chillis mushed up or like actual blended or just by eating chilli hand-picked ... So the top and the bottom photo is Belacan Chilli Sauce ... look at the richness and the colour of the chilli ... 
 Look at it .... you still can see abit of the chilli chunkiness :P and the seeds and the ooooooooooooo...
 This omelette looking thing is not omelette .... it is 'Otak Goreng' .. When the name is translated to English, it basically says 'Fried Brain' .. kyahahahahhahaahh ... Well, this dish is basically deep fried brain wrapped in omelette .... It might sound gross, it might sound not-delicious or maybe not-appealing just by the sound of it, but you gotta try it ... definitely ...
 'Sop Merah' means 'Red Soup' but it doesn't look red ... yes i know ... Inside it is chicken broth, beef sausage, carrot, chicken, ox tongue, green peas, tomato sauce served in soup .. The main part of this for me and maybe for other people as well is the taste of the soupy tomato sauce and the ox tongue .. For me, basically it's all about the tenderness and the softness of the ox tongue's texture ... Ox Tongue is seriously yummy ........ 
 I forgot the name of this dish but what I remember is that it is fried eggplant with belacan chilli sauce/paste on top with garnish ... hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm............

You Might Also Like

1 comments

Featured Review of the Month

Fogata Latin Fusion Bar & Restaurant - Fortitude Valley, Brisbane

Zomato

View my food journey on Zomato!