Nelayan Indonesian Restaurant, Swanston St, Melbourne - my name is Food.

Nelayan Indonesian Restaurant, Swanston St, Melbourne

July 22, 2011

On my first day of my Melbourne trip, I walked around basically everywhere in the CBD, walked past greek restaurants, japanese restaurants, chinese and heaps of other ones as well .. But then I thought, might as well try my mother country's food whilst I'm in Melbourne seeing that alooooooooooooot of Indonesians do live in Melbourne.. And so I came across Nelayan Indonesian Restaurant next to Don Don (a Japanese restaurant) in Swanston St. There was a mixture of different food spread out and you could pick such meal deals such as; rice with 1 dish or 2 or 3. ..

I chose rice with 3 thingies and I chose Opor Ayam (Braised Chicken in Coconut Milk), Telor Kecap (Soy Sauce Egg) and lastly, Rendang (Beef Rendang is beef slowly cooked in coconut milk and a variety of different spices for a few hours till all of the juices has been soaked up)..
It reminded me of Indonesia but ye ... not too bad i guess, seeing I haven't eaten these for awhile..
Close up photoes of the main and side dishes I picked out from the different choices they had displayed ..

This is Es Kelapa Mudah which is basically Young Coconut :)
Nelayan Indonesian on Urbanspoon

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Featured Review of the Month

Fogata Latin Fusion Bar & Restaurant - Fortitude Valley, Brisbane

Zomato

View my food journey on Zomato!