Poppy Cakes, Emporium, Fortitude Valley, Brisbane - my name is Food.

Poppy Cakes, Emporium, Fortitude Valley, Brisbane

September 13, 2012

Rainbow Cake
'Tis been awhile since I got out of the house due to the business of uni exams, this and that... So, finally got out of the house and went to Emporium which is located in Fortitude Valley, consisting of various top restaurants and cafes and also a hotel.. Haven't actually tried or notice "Poppy Cakes" everytime I go to Emporium so this was that afternoon where new things are being tried out.. Met up with a friend couple and had a bit of a catch up...

Peanut Butter Cupcake
Apparently this was known to be the place to get the 'best' cupcakes in Brisbane.. Cupcakes are becoming more and more of a hit huh? 
Peanut Butter Cupcake
Ordered the "Peanut Butter Cupcake"... Chocolate cake with peanut butter buttercream... I liked the frosting and you could really taste the peanut butter which was delish if i may say so.. I didn't get a chance to take photos of what my friend couple had ordered... They ordered the Red Velvet and something else...
Peanut Butter Cupcake
Pretty cute looking cupcakes.. the frosting wasn't selfishly portioned, soft, light and was buttery... dusted with cocoa powder (im guessing..)
Coffee Cupcake
Next cupcake that I tried was the "Coffee Cupcake".. Coffee based cake with coffee buttercream on top as frosting... this for me was just okay, yes, it did taste like coffee beans somehow, bitterness.. and with the dusted blend of chocolat, i enjoyed it..
Coffee Cupcake
Though I had wanted to try the other cupcake variety, I thought 2 was enough for today, and will try more the next time I do come back to this cupcake shop.. 
Coffee Cupcake
In the next two photos, I had photod the cupcakes' frosting close up.. you can see that they have made the frosting really butterily soft.. 

Peanut Butter Cupcake's peanut butter frosting
Coffee Cupcake's frosting with dusted chocolate
I did get a chance to take a photo of their "Rainbow Cake" and I should say, this was actually not that bad.. It was colourful I have to say, and you can tell just by looking at it.. 
Rainbow Cake
I liked their frosting on the side, although it may be too sweet for some, and as well for me too, I felt as if it was too sweet. But the texture of the cake's frosting seemed perfect.. Rainbow cake is starting to be a hit now as well, but I don't really see many around cafe shops at the moment, or maybe it's just me not looking hard enough for it..
Colourful Rainbow Cake
I wasn't really a huge cupcake person at the start, I did like it, but not a cupcake-holic but after trying Poppy cakes, I'm guessing it's actually made my cupcake side a little bit more cupcakey... I feel like going back for more...
Poppy Cakes on Urbanspoon

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Featured Review of the Month

Fogata Latin Fusion Bar & Restaurant - Fortitude Valley, Brisbane

Zomato

View my food journey on Zomato!