Himawari, Sunnybank, Brisbane - my name is Food.

Himawari, Sunnybank, Brisbane

June 24, 2013

 
Himawari (means Sunflower in japanese) is a japanese joint everyone knows in Elizabeth Arcade in the CBD.. So it was surprising to see that they have opened another joint and this time, who would've figured out, in a southside suburb called Sunnybank.. hahah.. Seems as if Sunnybank is now the place for new restaurants to start hitting in.. 
Takoyaki.. Octopus balls.. Was $2 and since it was cheap for 5 takoyaki balls, five of us ordered it as sides and shared them around.. Presented very simple but I wished there would be the dried fish flakes, but sadly not... Just the octopus balls by themselves and the sauce on top of it...
Karaage Obentoo box.. Obentoo is basically a lunch box in Japanese... Included a whole heap of rice and free rice top up as well is offered if you wanted.. But for me, I just ended up giving half of mine to a mate of mine sitting next to me coz he ate alot.. Simple salad of tomato mix and lettuce and the karaage... I personally enjoy and like the karaage... The texture and the moistness of the chicken and the batter worked well... Sauce is extra and I ordered myself the Japanese kewpie mayonnaise..
Miso soup for free was given to all of us which was nice... and below is the meal all in one photo.. And for your information, the first photo in this review was the Katsudon.. which is Chicken katsu topped with egg (with onions and chives), all on top of rice.. Now you are able to enjoy Himawari in the heart of Sunnybank and not only in the CBD...
Himawari Sunnybank on Urbanspoon

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Featured Review of the Month

Fogata Latin Fusion Bar & Restaurant - Fortitude Valley, Brisbane

Zomato

View my food journey on Zomato!