Red Ocean Seafood, Red Hill, Brisbane - my name is Food.

Red Ocean Seafood, Red Hill, Brisbane

June 27, 2013

Red Ocean Seafood is located in Red Hill in a little shopping complex on Musgrave Road.. Place looks like your typical fish and chip shop but I heard that this is one of the best fish and chips you will find in town.. and so, I gave it a try..

Typical fish and chip shop with friendly greetings given by the owners.. Burgers, fried chicken and other food varieties you would typically find in other fish and chip shops are also available.. Though here, they not only have fish and chip combos and meals, but also burger and fried chicken combo meals..
Ordered one of the fish and chips combos, 3 fish and a serving of calamari and chips... bought tartare as well for the sauce.. wrapped in the normal fish and chip paper wrapper and was given serviettes and plastic forks as well.. seatings outside are very minimum, only maybe about 4 tables or so...
Was quite empty when I arrived but started to build up with many people ranging from tradies to business men to mothers buying takeaways... So I guess this place is known around here..
3 crumbed fish were crumbed well with a not too thick crumb.. I had found that some of the other fish and chip shops' fishes would be crumbed in a thicker batter or maybe the fish would be small but would look bigger due to their batter...
Calamari was normal but by the time I finished eating a fish and a few chips and calamari, I was already getting full.. or maybe I was just not that hungry... Chips were normal but I preferred them to be crunchier and I would also wouldn't mind trying their battered fish the next time I visit here again..
Red Ocean Seafood on Urbanspoon

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Featured Review of the Month

Fogata Latin Fusion Bar & Restaurant - Fortitude Valley, Brisbane

Zomato

View my food journey on Zomato!