Ribs and Rumps, Fortitude Valley, Brisbane - my name is Food.

Ribs and Rumps, Fortitude Valley, Brisbane

November 15, 2015

Ribs and Rumps in Fortitude Valley is a place I hardly go to for ribs and I'm unsure why. My usual ribs is always down at the Gold Coast and sometimes I would try ribs in restaurants but none has topped my favourite yet. Coming here for a friend's birthday dinner, it was very packed that night with people bustling on both floors. Located near Emporium, it was convenient if you wanted to go for dessert or coffee afterwards too.

'Balinese Inspired Beef Short Rib' ($35) is slow cooked with lemon grass, chilli and shallots served with herb and garlic potatoes, roasted chilli corn and sweet soy caramel. Though on the menu it did seem delicious, what came out wasn't really what I expected actually. The herb and garlic potatoes weren't strong nor was it flavoursome. The herb and garlic was just very subtle.
As for the roasted chilli corn and sweet soy caramel, it did not taste as if it was smoked nor did it have some smoky flavour nor smell on them. It lacked the sweet soy caramel and it just seemed liked fresh corn being mixed into a mixture of coriander and red onion together. The Beef short rib was full of flavour with spices and herbs however, I am unsure if it was somewhat 'Balinese' inspired but overall, it was easy off the bone, the meat itself was not too hard nor too chewy.
Mac & Cheese ($8)
'Signature Pork Ribs' (Half: $39) served with a side of seasoned fries. A 12 hour slow cooked in their signature basting and flame grilled. Their bastings were sweeter but not as massively strong as the other bastings I have tried on ribs. Although I quite enjoyed it as the basting wasn't drooling or dripping everywhere and the amount of basting on it was just right.
However, the basting flavour itself was just nice, though it depends on personal taste as some may find that the basting suits their palate or they prefer another. Overall, it wasn't bad but not the best. The seasoned fries was seasoned and fried well giving the whole dish a pleasure to enjoy eating. Half portion was quite big in portion for me so I ended up sharing it with others, but some did finish a whole half portion by themselves without worry.
Will try their other dishes on offer the next time I come here, maybe a burger or a rump.

Ribs and Rumps Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Featured Review of the Month

Fogata Latin Fusion Bar & Restaurant - Fortitude Valley, Brisbane

Zomato

View my food journey on Zomato!